FireCracker Realized

Thursday, March 17, 2005

to hiatus or not to hiatus...that is the question

My date with V-boy went well. I called Violet at the last minute to help with wardrobe decisions and she was awesome as usual. "It's a tapas place near your house. It's not going to be a fancy place. If it was downtown then it'd be fancy. Just wear jeans and a cute top." She was right, and I was comfortable.

V-boy drove over to my place and since my landlord won't tell me which buzzer is mine I met him outside. It was a nice evening so we walked the few blocks over to the restaurant, which is supposed to be a great place. Neither of us had been there before and I was actually disappointed. I don't think I'll go back. They didn't impress me.

I was a little nervous when the date started, but in a good way. It was an excited nervous. We talked a lot. He's a twin, 36, works in the burbs, lives in the city, works out at the gym every morning (crazy), strawberry-blondish hair, red beard, educated and intelligent. He seems like a great guy. We got along well. The conversation flowed nicely and he even made me laugh. After dinner we walked back to my place and I invited him inside. It became a little more awkward here. It just seemed like it shouldn't end yet, but I'm not sure we should've gone to my apartment. There was a little more uncomfortable silence. My apartment was like a sauna so that was not too pleasant and we both just sat on either ends of the couch talking. I have a big couch. A third person could easily fit between us and still not come in contact with us. It was just weird. Eventually we get to the point where it's time for him to leave and it felt like he rushed right out the door. There was no time to even contemplate a kiss. This was a first for me. I'm used to guys always going in for a kiss, whether I want them to or not. I guess I'm just puzzled. And that makes me unsure about future dates with V-boy. I'm not writing him off. I just don't have the excitement that I would expect from a date that started off well.

I think I still have a lot to learn.

Posted by Maple :: 11:12 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------