FireCracker Realized
Friday, September 09, 2005
Quick Update
Thursday (last week): A great day! Fenway arrives after work and we head to a local bar for a couple of drinks and a little food before getting reacquainted with each other.
Friday (last week): An even better day! A lazy morning, followed by lunch with Kansas, a trip to Millennium Park, the Jazz Festival in Grant Park, a walk along the lake up to Navy Pier, a ride on the ferris wheel, a pint of beer, a trolley ride, a train ride, pizza, wine and a movie.
Saturday: Up early for a trip to Milwaukee to see Tosa and Harley. We arrive in time for lunch before heading to Lakefront Brewery for a few pints and a tour, followed by a trip to Miller Park to see the Padres beat the Brewers. Highlight - passing out watching Iron Chef...okay, that may be a lowlight.
Sunday: Brunch with the crew at the Knickerbocker before heading back to Chicago to cook Fenway dinner. Menu: pork tenderloin, green beans, red potatoes, salad and a bottle of wine.
Monday: A sad day. Fenway left town and it's going to be at least another 5 weeks before I get to see him again. Enjoyed our last day together by hanging out at home, even though it was a beautiful day and I felt guilty for not going outside until our trip to the airport. But still a day well spent.
Tuesday: No cavities! My dentist bitched me out for not flossing daily but was impressed by the lack of plaque build-up. Next visit...6 months.
Wednesday: Work, work and more work. Nothing exciting.
Thursday: Lot's more work but also lunch with my boss. Promotion is now official - Oct. 1st - but includes a raise. Yay! I even get new business cards, an expense account and a Costco membership. Sweet!
Friday: Work and more work. Then running around with Cubbie Girl to get last minute supplies for Bachelorette party being held tomorrow. Thanks CG!! You've been a huge help! And once I'm done here I'll be busy pulling everything together. We even had an offer for a male dancer while buying the fun stuff. Of course, it was the guy offering to have his 300 lbs. friend wearing a grass skirt and coconut bra dance for the girls tomorrow, which would have been great, but I still haven't figured out where we'll be yet so I had to decline. Sorry Tosa! I'm sure we'll have other offers once we're out on the town.
So that's the update. Sorry you had to wait so long!
Posted by Maple ::
11:27 PM ::
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
---------------------------------------