FireCracker Realized
Thursday, March 03, 2005
Are we there yet?
The countdown has begun. In less than 24 hours I will be in Arizona to watch my beloved Cubs play baseball. I can't wait! All I want to do is sit in the ballpark with the sun on my face, a cold beer in my hand and watch the guys play. It's so cool to watch the young guys trying to get a place on the team, and then seeing them later in the season as they're called up to Wrigley. It's nice to know that the atmosphere will be different this year now that Sammy's ego has moved on and I won't have to be annoyed with Farnsworth any more.
The one person that will truly be missed is Matt Clement. The Red Sox are lucky to have him! Last year I sat beside a scout from Cleveland who was there to check out Clement. They were going to do everything in their power to get him, but I'm glad he chose Boston instead. They've got such a similar history and culture that I think he appreciates. Early in the season last year I stayed late after a game and Matt was on the field with his young son Maddux. It was so nice to see them together, playing catch in the outfield - or Matt tried to but Maddux was a little young to get the concept. He kept throwing the ball behind him instead of to his dad. It seemed like Matt knew he wasn't going to be a Cub forever so he made sure to take advantage of the time he had and created some memories that will last a lifetime. And it's something that I will never forget either.
Posted by Maple ::
12:45 PM ::
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
---------------------------------------